** IMPORTANT UPDATE: FDOT has updated the spreadsheet provided. If you have not already done so, please check to make sure you have downloaded the updated version. You can download the file here.**
FDOT is sending out today a request for information on steel and aluminum tariff impacts to ongoing construction projects. FDOT has not yet decided if they will participate in cost sharing of the increases. This request will allow FDOT to measure the potential impact to contractors and to the Department. The attached memo provides all the information necessary but please note the following important points:
- Only ongoing contracts bid prior to April 1, 2018, will be considered.
- For contracts bid prior to April 1, 2018, but not yet awarded, the apparent low bidder is requested to submit the information.
- Only include projects with a total impact greater than $5,000.
- Contractors will have until COB 10 business days from the date of this memo to provide the requested information.
- Submittal of the requested information must come from the prime contractor only.
- Participation is voluntary BUT, failure to timely notify and provide the information will result in no consideration of increases/decreases on that specific project.
The Department is requesting the following information on EACH project you wish to have considered:
- A detailed list of each pay item impacted. For LS or Design-Build contracts, contractors will be required to break out work by standard Department pay items to show impacts.
- A list of the material involved with each pay item.
- A copy of the bid quotation used, or purchase order issued, reflecting the material price at time of bid and any paid invoices since March 8, 2018, if available.
- Any material purchased prior to the March 8th declaration of the tariffs is not eligible.
- Only items listed in “a” and “b” above will be eligible for consideration by the Department.
- A certification of the information by the Prime Contractor shall be submitted with the information.
I cannot emphasize enough that you MUST provide the requested information in the next 10 business days if you wish for the project increases to be considered. Subcontractors who have been impacted MUST work with the Prime contractor and only the Prime contractor can submit the requested information to FDOT.
It is critical to remember that the deadline (10 business days) is June 26th!